Wednesday, December 14, 2005

why i do this...

One of my students was in my room after school with questions about his grades and such. It's amazing how they come out of the woodwork when the six weeks is about to end. He shared with me how he really wants to graduate and go to college. I asked where he was planning on going and he said he wants to start out at community college and then eventually go on to get his 4 year degree. He asked, "What's up with college? What is it like? How will I even know what to major in?" I told him that he will have the opportunity to take classes in various areas to find out what he likes and doesn't like, and hopefully that will help him choose a career. I asked him what interests him and we continued to talk for a few more minutes. As he left, my heart felt so proud and I thought, "Students like him are the reason I am here."

1 comment:

Kelli said...

keep it up! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)