Saturday, December 03, 2005

incident

Ginger scared me half to death last night. She was in her usual spot, taking up half the couch like the true princess she is. She was laying on her back, sprawled out and sleeping. I happened to look over at her and she was shaking with her eyes rolled back in her head. I freaked out and thought, "oh my gosh, she's having a seizure!" Ginger isn't a young cat anymore; she's 7 years old. I was frantically thinking through calling an emergency vet and how I would transport her to the office while shaking her a little and saying, "Ginger, Ginger!" She woke up and looked at me with those huge green eyes like she was dazed. She then got up and ran away from me because I had startled her from her sleep.

I guess she was just sleeping and having a dream, but I have never seen her do that before! It scared me to think that she was sick. I'm so attached to these cats...

No comments: