Thursday, December 08, 2005

playing hookie!

I stayed up late last night hoping and praying that my school district would be closed today. It was sleeting outside and I just knew it had to happen at some point. No such luck. I woke up this morning at 5:15 and stumbled to the living room to turn on the television. As I hugged my legs to my body trying to stay warm, I watched the little bar at the bottom of the screen with cancellations. My district was not listed. Then I changed the channel. Still no luck. I checked all 4 major stations and none of them had my district. I was so bummed! I started getting ready, all the while complaining under my breath about having to slip and slide to work. As I was putting on my makeup, smelling the coffee brewing in the next room, my cell phone rings (not the cool VT ringtone I've been trying to download, stupid phone). It was my department head. She told me school has just been cancelled. I was happy but ticked it took so long. Oh well, at least I have the day off.

It is so freezing right now! The temp outside is 19 with a real feel of 2 degrees. And that's not in celcius people! No wonder my apartment won't get warm!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

i can't download any ring tones on mine :(