Tuesday, December 06, 2005

reality

I don't know how personal I should get in this thing, especially when it has to do with my students. I'll leave it at this: one of my students got into major trouble and will not be in school for a while. We're not talking getting into a fight and being suspended kind of trouble; this is big time. It breaks my heart. I have students who are troublemakers, who spend lots of time hanging out in in-school suspension or end up suspended from school but this is the first time I've had to deal with this kind of issue. I wish I could go into more detail because I need to process, but I need to protect my students. The reality of my job came crashing down on me today.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

sounds like a Rivermont school kid, huh? Probably not "his" fault as much as his upbringing...although I do believe he needs to take responsiblity. i will pray for them. and you :)

Angie-la said...

hey if you need to talk you can call me. it'd cost a lot, but still :-)