Tuesday, December 20, 2005

sick day

I hate being sick, especially when I'm on vacation. It seems to work out that way for me. I remember several times being sick on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day growing up. I guess the holiday stress just wears me down...okay, not likely since I really don't feel any stress in that department. My stress is reserved solely for school related topics. Back to being sick, I'm achy and congested and coughing and my throat is on fire. This came on all of the sudden so I'm thinking it could be the flu, which totally stinks; the one year I don't get a flu shot!

Why is it that only one nostral seems to get stopped up? I can breathe just fine out of my right one but my left side is all clogged. I don't know if it's always the same one that is clogged (thankfully I don't get sick that often) but I do remember that one is always messed up. And why can't I fall asleep? I even took Nyquil for heaven's sake! That stuff should knock me out. I'm so sleepy and drained and have no energy to even squeeze lemons to make this hot lemon and hot water mixture that is the Venezuelan cure-all for everything from colds to plantars warts (this is what they always recommended to me when I was sick in VZ). And yet, I can't fall asleep.

2 comments:

Angie-la said...

Use some windex.

Kelli said...

so sorry you feel yucky...sending good health thoughts your way. Atleast you don't have to teach, right?