Tuesday, December 27, 2005

motivation

I lack this today. I need to clean my apartment in the worst way. If I don't get it done this week, it will not get done until summer vacation. Once school starts back up, there's no looking back. Now that I'm feeling better, I need to get into gear and get cleaning. I have the kitchen and bathroom done, just need to mop the floors. It's the rest of the apartment that's going to take a while. I'm a perfectionist and because I know it will never be perfect, why even bother trying to straighten up? But I have friends coming into town and I am so embarrassed by the state of my place!

I need some kind of reward system. When I finish cleaning an area, I should reward myself. Let me think...it can't be anything monetary because I don't have any. It can't be food because goodness knows I don't need more of that right now! I will have to brainstorm on this.

And by the way, before you start thinking I'm a complete slob, I clean my bathroom and kitchen regularly.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

what about reward calls from Friends :) Call us when you finish a room. Hope you are well, who is coming over???

Angie-la said...

how about internet as a reward? you can't check email until you have worked for an hour on cleaning. that would totally get my butt in gear!