Monday, April 24, 2006

weekly update

This was a disappointing week for me. I didn't meet my goals which stinks but at least I haven't gained any weight. Here are the numbers:

Weight lost to date: 5.5 pounds. Considering that I've been doing this for a month, I was hoping for higher numbers. But my co-workers reassure me that I am probably gaining muscle mass. My favorite pants are really loose so that's encouraging.

Exercise: I didn't meet my goal of 5 times, but I did work out 4 times. A co-worker commented on my arms today:) Now if I could just lose the tummy roll...

Goals for this week: hmmm, this is hard. I still need to work on the water thing. I drink at least 4 cups while at work but I want to increase that. I want to try again for working out 5 times this week. I get paid this week so I'm going to buy a pair of running shoes. I'd like to start adding running to my workouts.

That's it for now. Two of my co-workers are also working really hard at losing weight, one has lost 18 and the other over 20 pounds. It's hard not to compare myself and wish I could lose it faster, but I keep trying to tell myself that it's worth it to lose it slower because it will more than likely stay off that way. In another 2 weeks I'll do some measurements to let you know if I've lost any inches.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

you go girl...keep up the routine :)

Angie-la said...

hey, i tried to call you today but you didn't pick up. you keep calling me at really bad moments like when i am in the bathroom or at work, sorry. this is the week before exams so i don't have much time to talk but we will catch up soon. love you!