Thursday, April 13, 2006

still sick

I've been sick four days now. It started as a sore throat and cough, and now major congestion has been added to it. I have almost completely lost my voice which my students love. It's interesting to discover which students really like you when you can't raise your voice so they tell people to "shut up, y'all!"

I sat in another teacher's class for a few minutes while she had something to do and in the midst I had a major coughing fit. Her class was horrified. Some thought I was dying, others covered their faces with their shirts to avoid my germs. As I'm hacking my brains out, face turing bright red from lack of oxygen, and trying to hold onto my water bottle to take a sip, all sense of dignity went out the window.

I probably should have stayed home today. At least I have tomorrow off.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

drink plenty of fluids and get some rest!

Karen said...

Don't you love the Texas, Y'all - I am so glad they still talk like that!! The ATL seems to have lost a southern accent - so I am glad it is alive somewhere!!
AND Get better!! Feet up, humidifier on, lots of cold medicine!!