Monday, April 17, 2006

weekly update

I'm not sure what to call my weekly updates. Diet update doesn't sound right because I'm not just doing it for a short time, I'm trying to make a lasting change to my eating habits. Exercise update doesn't fully encompass all that I want to include. Health update sounds like I'm ill or suffering from an illness. I'll come up with something more original.

Anyway, this week's update:
Weight loss: none. Yep, big disappointment. I was actually kind of surprised I didn't lose any weight because I was sick all last week and didn't eat much. Oh, well. I also only excercised 3 times so maybe that has something to do with it.

Exercise: 3 times. First time was at the beginning of feeling sick and I didn't do much, just walked on the treadmill and did some weights for about 15 minutes. The last two times I exercised was after I was feeling better. Those were decent workouts with 40 minutes of cardio and 30-40 minutes of weights.

Goals for this week:
1. Drink more water! I have fallen into the teacher trap of not drinking enough because we don't have a lot of opportunities to go to the bathroom, but this isn't good for my system. I want to bring more water bottles and leave them in a co-worker's fridge so they are always cold.
2. Work out 5 times this week.

Goals for the upcoming weeks:
1. Once I get paid at the end of the month, I'm going to invest in a new pair of running shoes so that I can start running again. I don't want to start up on my current pair as they are at least 2 years old.
2. Check out some of the aerobics classes offered at my gym. Who knows? They could actually be fun:)

That's it for now! Hopefully I'll have some lower numbers to report next week...

2 comments:

Kelli said...

sounds good. :)

no my hair was pulled back, bad pic! LOL

Summer said...

sorry for not updating... now you don;t have to see your "weird side angle face" anymore. :o)
i'm sao proud of you for keeping up your regimen! if you get any woodchucks, drink a couple for me!!!! yum!