Thursday, April 06, 2006

disappointing

I'm disappointed with so much, but mostly with my life. Why hasn't anything gone as I have wanted? It's like the prize dangles in front of me and just when I go to grab it, it is snatched away. Maybe my expectations are too high. I feel like they get lower and lower the longer I live. I don't want to bring anyone down with this post, these are just thoughts I have been processing over the last several weeks. Do you ever feel like you could fade away until you are completely invisible?

On a lighter note, only 7 more weeks of school. I've been thinking about what to do over the summer. Going home to Va ranks highest on the list. I really need to get a job though. Yep, I'm going to be one of those teachers that works during the summer. I could use the extra cash, that is for sure. I would also like to go to Orlando to visit some friends, but we'll see if it will work out. I think I will just sleep the first week of vacation because I am exhausted! In other news, I have started going to the gym regularly again and really watching what I eat. I almost don't want to say that because I don't want to jinx it, but it's fun to see some muscle definition and I have lost 2 pounds. I know, nothing to write home about, but I'm happy to see a little come off. If I could get back to my college weight, that would be amazing! I'll keep you updated...

6 comments:

Summer said...

ooh! ooh! let me know if you wind up in orlando and i'll come down and see you! i hope the next 7 weeks go FAST and you get rejuvenated over the summer!!!!!!

Kelli said...

we do want to hear how you are REALLY doing. Call me, Thursday nights I'm all alone, hubby's out with the guys.

Yeah and TWO pounds is TWO pounds...KEEP IT UP, we should motivate each other ;)

Kelli said...

I have that pic you are talking about on the same sb page..I do love that one too, I just know that we were deeply talking in that pic I posted and I liked that, we are good at that. :)

Margiana said...

Happy to read you again.

velma96 said...

i know exactly how you feel right now! that last 7 weeks of school always seemed like the light at the end of the tunnel for me...and as you know, i was the teacher who worked all summer too! (hey...i also seemed to work extra during the school year too!) keep your sprits up..God will take you where you need to go....and sometimes these hard times when you feel so down are just part of how He gets you where you need to go. I'll be praying for you!

Karen said...

Skettie - so glad you blogged again!! What is it that you want?? Sometimes, what we want isn't what we need . . . that sucks, I know. Sometimes we just want something too much and we are trying too hard . . . sometimes we just need our friends to come up with new ideas to help us . . . let us know . . . I know we would love to try and help!
AND I LOVE SUMMER BREAK - Try and get a fun, quirky job - one that you might not usually do - becuase you only have to do it for a couple of months!! Like, work at a fair, or the zoo, a psychic hotline - or give me some time, I can come up with something fun!!