Friday, April 14, 2006

day off

So far, I slept in until 7:30 and have eaten breakfast while watching the Today show. Not too exciting. I'm still feeling yucky, but not as yucky as before so I think I'm getting better. I think I'm going back to bed here in a few minutes.

My church is having a Good Friday service tonight, so I will hopefully feel up to going to that. I better take an ample supply of cough drops so that I don't disrupt the service. I've been struggling with how I should feel this week in light of Easter. Part of me wants to be somber and introspective, really reflecting on what the resurrection of Jesus means to my life. Another part of me is so self-consumed with my own issues that I feel nothing. I am thankful for Jesus and what He sacrificed for me, but I take it so for granted. I need a good dose of perspective; it is not all about me, no matter how much I want it to be.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

LET GO...that's my motto for today, see blog if you haven't. I know it's so hard but whatever you're dealing with GOD's already dealt with and is in total control. HE LOVES YOU SKETS! and so do I...HE ROSE AGAIN! AND NOW LIVES IN US...lets rejoice! :)

velma96 said...

I know how you're feeling! I, too, sometimes struggle with not taking the sacrifice that was made for me on the cross! It is so easy to think of yourself and your situation (good or bad). Just remember that no matter how bad it seems from where you are, God is in control and He knows the big picture! I love you and am praying for you!!!!