Tuesday, April 11, 2006

weekly exercise update

I have been doing really well going to the gym and eating right, that I am going to include a weekly update in the ol' blog so I can track my progress. Any encouragement that this warrents is well appreciated (hint, hint).

Last week I worked out 4 times, all of those time were pretty hard core workouts. I usually do a mix of 20-30 minutes on the eliptical and 15-20 minutes on the stair master, with some treadmill thrown in to help me cool down. In between the two machines I will do weights for 15 minutes, then after I finish the second round of cardio, I'll do 15 more minutes of weights. Saturday I worked out especially hard and Sunday I walked outside at a moderate pace for 1 hour (it was such a gorgeous day!).

Eating went extremely well, I'm quite proud of myself. I went to a party on Saturday evening and indulged in a chocolate chip cookie (just one) because I had been good all day. Sunday at Bible study someone had made cinnamon rolls and while they were very tempting, I didn't eat one, yay!

Okay, and now for the numbers! So far, I have lost 4 pounds! Yippee! I've only been doing the food bit for 2 weeks, so not bad. I've been working out for almost 4 weeks now and I can actually see muscle definition in my legs and I fit into a pair of jeans last week that I haven't worn in months. Baby steps...now just 20 more pounds to go! I should post pics every couple of weeks so you can see my progess. Now if I can just teach Simba to hold a camera...

4 comments:

Kelli said...

don't you have a timer on your cam?

YEAH...now motivate me. so easy to get to the gym when you don't have to think about how sucky the child care it :[

Summer said...

good job, sketts!!!! if i knew of anything else motivational, i'd say it to you. :o) but i'm very proud of you and the results you see are hopefully enough to keep you going. you're through the tough part! love you!

Karen said...

GO SKETTIE!! That is awesome, now, keep posting us updates and ispire me to get my lazy, blogging bum off the couch and join you!!

Karen said...

inspire - ispire - I really don't drink this early in the morning - usually . . .