Monday, May 01, 2006

yet another update

Grrrrrr!!! I'm so frustrated with this past week. I don't feel like I did that badly with my eating and I worked out a total of 4 times (didn't quite make the 5 mark). And the end result? I didn't lose any weight, again! If another person tells me that I'm just gaining muscle, I'm going to scream! How can I continue to gain muscle mass this quickly? If I keep this up, I'm going to be gaining weight!

So, no change to report in weight. But I did buy a new pair of running shoes and I've been breaking those in. I'm enjoying getting back into running. The treadmill can be a bit boring at times, but there aren't any good asphalt trails near my apartment, only concrete which I hate running on. I'll have to do some more exploring. It will soon be too hot to think about running outside, though.

Okay, some goals for this coming week. I've been doing better with water ever since the purchase of this huge water bottle that holds 64 ounces. It's gynormous! My students make fun of me and other teachers ask how I can drink so much water and not move my class to the faculty bathroom:) It is hard at times, but I think my body will eventually get used to it. I want to keep that up. Another goal is to keep up the running. I'd like to be able to run 30 minutes without stopping by the end of May. I don't think that's unreasonable, I may even be able to do it by mid-May. One more goal for this week: try to add some yoga to my routines. I feel myself getting stronger but I also want to become more flexible. I have a video and maybe I'll see if some co-workers have any they'd be willing to let me borrow.

4 comments:

Margiana said...

Annette, you inspire me. I have to go and buy a pair of good running shoes since I'd like to go back on track. I'm not a runner, but a friend of mine who runs marathon, made me a program of run and walk so that I'll be able to loose some weight too. I really need to. But don't want to track my results on the blog...I'll try to write you email so that we can encourage each other.
Luvies

Kelli said...

how long have you been exercising? Isn't it like 6 weeks until you actually see results? JUst keep it up...results will come. Do you feel better? Cuz that's what matters. ;)

Angie-la said...

Dude, chill out. You're pretty regardless. Why the obsession with losing weight? Isn't it more important to be healthy and happy? Healthier isn't necessarily thinner. If you have any more energy and your body is functioning better then maybe it's time to stop weighing yourself all the time. Just because you aren't a teenager doesn't mean you aren't going to get a complex. Take care of yourself.

Summer said...

i'm just glad you haven't given up; in fact, sounds like you're trying harder! that's awesome! the results are bound to show sooner or later. keep it up!!