Wednesday, April 19, 2006

munchies

I can not stop eating! Okay, that's not entirely accurate, but I have been craving food all day. It's driving me crazy! I try to focus on something else, but nothing is working. I've given in a couple of times but nothing helps.

The students are taking standardized tests all week so I have been sitting in a room with a bunch of restless kids every morning. There is a room set up especially for teachers with goodies and I stupidly went there this morning. I was so good, at first. There was a fruit tray so I grabbed some grapes and didn't even glance at the donuts (ummm, donuts...). As I was getting the grapes, there was a sign exclaiming, "fresh warm cookies available after 8 am!" My school doesn't just make any ol' cookies, these are Otis Spunkmeyer cookies! My curiousity got the best of me and I walked down around 9 am to check the situation. There were still piles of cookies left so I grabbed a couple, and they were still warm! Oh, it was so terrible!

As if that weren't bad enough, I also munched on a bag of cheddar and sour cream chips. Then, after dinner I was still craving something so I ate some vanilla wafers. Make it stop! I'm still wanting more food! But not just anything, I want junk! I think I've been depriving myself too long and now my body is rebelling.

By the way, don't worry; I am eating plenty of calories, so I'm not starving myself. My body just isn't satisfied with the spinach dinner salad with chicken or the whole wheat turkey sandwich I had for lunch.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Well, I have been eating all day too . . . (too much easter candy!)But next time you feel like cheating, think - I am going to leave this for Karen she is going to eat it or if I eat the donuts I will look like Homer! And your binges sound like health food compared to the Cadbury's and Jelly Beans that I consumed repeatedly throughout the day. YIKES!! Okay, strength in numbers - if you don't eat the junk in the DAL then I won't eat in here in the ATL!! I am on it!

Angie-la said...

what's the big deal? you're eating healthy, a little junk isn't going to hurt you. at least you're not chowing down on mcdonald's or something. you need to relax. :-P

velma96 said...

i know exactly how you feel!!! i always found that when trying to lose weight, a sensible diet allowed me to eat some junk every now and then. otherwise i felt like i was just binging on it when i got the cravings that just wouldn't stop! so...every couple of days or so, i'd allow myself one serving of something totally yummy (ice cream, chips, etc)... i found that the more i told myself i couldn't have something, the more i wanted that very thing! funny how that works, huh?

Summer said...

that happens to me TOO! i'm great for a few days, then the cravings just start coming and i lose the battle. stay strong!!!!