Sunday, February 26, 2006

laundry day

Today is the day. I put it off as long as I can. It's been 3 weeks since I last washed clothes and I need to get it done. I hate having to gather everything together, carry it all out to my car, load it up, go to the laundrymat, lug everything out of my car and into the washers inside, transfer to dryers 30 minutes later, wait for my clothes to dry (but they never really do), fold everything, load back up into my car, then head home. It's such an ordeal!

I went to a website for a company that the leasing office suggested to rent a washer and dryer. 30 bucks a month; I'm not sure I'm ready for that commitment. It would be nice to have them in my apartment though. I can't afford to buy them right now, so why not rent? The best thing is that I could wash my sheets every week. I have to block out of my mind the little dust mites that I know are living in them because I can only wash them every 3 weeks. Gross! Now I'm getting all itcy...

4 comments:

Tracy O'Brien said...

just happened by your blog accidently.. just wanted to say you are not the only one with a hatred of laundry days!! It's terrible, cos I put it off for as long as I can.. but when it is done.. I love the smell of fresh bed clothes.. mmm Am I crazy!? Probably ; )

Karen said...

Rent them!! That way you can do your laundry and not have to worry about making it to the laundrymat!! And then if you move to another place - you don't have to move them!! (They are pain to move!!) And - if you can - pay yourself $30 a month too and you can buy a washer and dryer when your ready!!

Angie-la said...

yeah, but when the washer and dryer are in your own apartment, it takes FOREVER to do laundry, whereas it only takes like two hours at the laundromat.

(says the girl who lugs her laundry home every other week where it takes a day to do it.. but it's FREE!)

Summer said...

i finally rented a w/d when i was living without a set and it was SUCH an improvement! i hated lugging everything downstairs and this way, i could do laundry at night if i wanted to, or whenever!