Sunday, February 19, 2006

ice, ice baby!

Whew, it was cold this weekend! It was in the 80's on Wednesday and Thursday, then dropped to the 20's and 30's this weekend. I don't have a winter coat here (didn't think I'd really need one as the normal temps for this time of year are 70's) so I froze each time I went out. Not only has it been cold, a rain/ice mix has been drizzling all weekend.

I went out to my car this morning to go to church. I almost slipped and fell on the sidewalk, then when I got to my car there was a layer of ice covering it. I turned on the engine and blasted the defrost, got out my handy Foxridge scrapper (remember, the Mecca of years past?), and got to work. As I was working, I kept hearing sirens, fire engines and ambulances. I felt that the sirens mixed with freezing my butt off trying to scrap off the ice was a good enough sign that I should not go out in this mess. I turned off the engine, almost slipped again as I walked back to my apartment, and turned up the heat a little (to a balmy 64 degrees) and read all morning.

5 comments:

Angie-la said...

word up, yo.

i'm sure god doesn't wantcha to die just to get to church.

love ya.

Summer said...

i'll send you MY coats! i thought i might need them , but no such luck. i'm glad you weren't hurt!!!

Karen said...

Ice in Dallas - but still no winter in Atlanta - boohoo! I am glad you didn't go though - driving on ice is worse than driving on snow!!

Kelli said...

wouldn't they cancel church in weather like that? WoW didn't know it could do that in Dallas.

Margiana said...

ciao annette... thank you for always have good words!