Sunday, February 26, 2006

la comida

I just made a yummy lunch. I'm so proud of myself! I actually got the idea from Real Simple's tv show on PBS. I didn't have all the ingredients so I improvised. Even so, it turned out pretty well.

I cooked up some linguine noodles and the last few minutes I threw in some frozen chopped spinach. In another pan I sauteed half a sweet yellow onion, sliced, in olive oil and added some salt and pepper. When it was almost finished, I added some balsamic vinegar. In another pan I grilled a chicken breast in olive oil. When the pasta and onions were finshed, I drained the pasta and added the onions, tossing lightly. I put some of the pasta mixture on a plate, topped it with the chicken breast, and sprinkled Italian mix shredded cheese. Perfecto!

I want to experiment more with food but I'm not very daring, plus my cabinet is bare of almost every spice and herb. When I get to the grocery store and see the spice aisle, it makes me hypervenilate. I can't make up my mind at McDonald's; don't put me among 5000 bottles and expect me to get out of there anytime soon!

3 comments:

Margiana said...

gnammi gnammi (same as yummy)... sounds italian a lot! I love linguine.:-) ciao

Kelli said...

that sounds yummy!

Karen said...

I am so jealous - I have wanted to watch the Real Simple show - but it hasn't come on here yet!! And, I am now hungry!!