Wednesday, March 01, 2006

tight

And I don't mean it in the way my students do when they say, "that song is tight!"

I use this to describe my neck and shoulders right now. I am so stressed out that my body feels like it can't bend anymore! Plus, I have a monstrous headache and feel nauseated. Stress can do so many crazy things to your body.

You may be wondering why I'm stressed. There are many reasons, but I'll give you the top 5:
1. My portfolio for my certification program is due next week. I've barely started on it.
2. I hate my job.
3. I am broke.
4. I feel like I have no purpose in life but to be abused by punk teenagers.
5. I can't lose any weight because I am too exhausted all the time to actually be able to exercise.

There are countless more, but those are probably the biggest ones. I think I may have my own happy hour. Oh, wait, I can't afford it because I'm broke. I'll just go take some generic ibuprophen since that's all I can afford...

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm praying for you sweetie! Hang in there :)

Margiana said...

...ok Annie... I don't know if it helps but you are not alone. I have no neck pain but I feel my heart is smashing out of my chest. I quit coffe (I've never drank coffe but lately I got 2 a day) but it still keeps on beating too quickly. I too hate my job, I too can't lose weigh (1st because I exercize only 30-40mins at home 3 times a week and 2nd because I keep eating my stress out)... I don't have to deal with teenager but I feel this system is anyhow abusing me. And I too have headache because I can't get a good sleep. I'm sorry to hear about this happening to you but... keep on searching a contact with God... everything happens in His time and His way... so don't worry too much about wanting things to happen when and how you want. I pray... for you and me:-)

Summer said...

why is teaching considered a noble profession?? sounds more like a nightmare to me. i wish i could afford to send you a massage!!!

Angie-la said...

Oh my goodness, my body reacts in exactly the same way to stress as yours! My neck is SO stiff, and I've had a headache and been nauseaus a ton lately. Jeez. It's like we have the same genetics or something.

Anyway, if you need money, talk to Mom. If you can't talk to Mom, maybe I can help? Just for the reord, she's gonna get her bonus soon and then she'll be super generous. :-D

Don't get discouraged. You don't need to lose weight because you're already pretty. Teenagers are obnoxious but you aren't going to be teaching them forever. You'll get your portfolio done and it will be spectacular.

At least things aren't any worse than they are. I know everyone needs their complaining moments and that's fine, I support you getting it out, but remember how much you DO have. *hug* You'll be okay.