Sunday, February 19, 2006

lessons learned

I found out the hard way that Ginger is allergic to milk. I knew that cats are lactose intolerant but I figured it affected them the same way it can affect humans; stomach ache, gasiness, etc. I ate cereal for dinner (I know, lazy) and when I finished, I had some milk left over. Ginger was sitting on the couch beside me so I figured I'd let her have some. She drank a little and then I took the bowl away. Within 2 minutes, Ginger starts gagging and all of the milk and food she had eaten a while ago came up, right onto the couch! Good thing I had a sheet on the couch (to protect it from all the cat fur). She proceeded to throw up again, this time even worse, on the carpet. I felt so bad that I had given it to her in the first place; I'll stick to straight cat food from now on! I think Ginger has a very sensitive stomach to begin with. I should have known better...

By the way, the water came back on late Friday evening. The next morning it was acting weird, coming out of the faucet in spurts so I was worried it was going to cut off again. But it didn't.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

eeewww yucky...poor kitty...poor skettie! But at least she didn't throw up on you like Bees has done all weekend....