Friday, February 03, 2006

sick day

I feel like the whole world has come down with the flu. Kids are hacking and sneezing all over the place. Schools are not exactly the most sanitary environments. I woke up this morning with a terribly sore throat. I thought about calling in a sub but I figured I should suck it up, especially since my sub folder isn't updated and I don't even know where it is! I went into work, and upon talking with a co-worker decided that I should just show a movie. They have been begging me for a free day, and while they don't deserve it, it would help to preserve my voice. I showed Napoleon Dynamite, which they love. I enjoyed watching the kids who had never seen it before react to the movie; they laughed and commented about it the whole way through. I saw my assitant principal and he told me to go home and that he would take care of finding a sub, so after 2nd period, I left. I'm a little sad not to watch the movie with my kids, but I know I need the rest. On top of everything else, it's gray and raining today. I'm going to crawl into bed and sleep forever!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

oh get better soon :)

Margiana said...

I'm sick too.... :-(

Summer said...

ooohhh. i want a sick day! excpet for the being sick part. get some rest and feel better!!