Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

I have made some goals for this year. I don't like the word "resolutions" because I tend to not fulfill them, so we're going with "goals" this time around. Goals are things to shoot for; it makes me want to work harder to reach them than keeping a resolution. Here are the four I have come up with so far:

1. Train for and run a half marathon. I already mentioned this one. I have no idea how long it will take to actually accomplish this one, but I'm hoping before the end of the year. I'm registering for a 5K in February to get my into gear.

2. Pass the TOPT--this is an uber hard oral profiency test I have to pass in order to become fully certified. It's really tough; someone said that only 10% of non-native speakers pass it the first time around. I have 2 chances to take it before next school year starts. I have a lot of work to do!

3. Meet with a financial advisor and start investing. My savings account is pathetic and I really want to start investing for the future. I'd love to be able to buy a house one day!

4. Start seminary. I have already started filling out the application online and I made a reservation to participate in a 2 day info session in March. My hope is to start taking a class this fall.

So, that's it for now. I'm sure I will have more to add as the year progresses. Those are my top 4 for now. I will keep you updated on how things go. Happy New Year!!!

1 comment:

Angie-la said...

I have a friend whose new year resolution is to not have any resolutions. I told her that she intrinsically failed and she was like "oh well." I guess she's not very enthusiastic :-) I'm sure you can pass your thingie. If not, then it's because spanish is stupid. Woooo French! Yeah buddy. I think my resolution should be to stay away from the inevitable drama of people my age. Man, I just wanna have a good time, drink some tea, and play some mario. Also student teach and take classes and volunteer... but mostly drink tea and play mario. Now if I only owned a mario game... :-)