Tuesday, January 31, 2006

pobrecita!



Ginger has an eye infection. I took her to the vet this morning and 125 smackers later, she has some eye drops and got an allergy shot. Yesh, I spend more on medical visits for my cats than I do for myself! She did very well at the vet, surprisingly. I was afraid she would be a nervous mess and not let the vet touch her. She did let me know, repeatedly, how unhappy she was to be in her carrier. The whole way there and back she meowed this low guteral meow that is not like her at all, the same one I heard for 22 hours when I moved here from Florida. She's doing fine now, not too excited about the drops but she'll survive. Oh, yeah, the vet weighed her and she's gained almost a pound since last April. I've been feeding her diet cat food for months and this is the end result. Yikes! I guess this just means there is more of her to love:)

2 comments:

Kelli said...

oh my! I don't think I've ever spent that on my kids, you should really think about pet insurance, they have it you know :)

Margiana said...

Ciao... My Monocolo has been very sick in oct-nov-dec... right when I realized I lost my job. He first had a cistitis, then the anti-biotics brought him a lower immune system that helped him to catch a cold and eventually to an eye infection where he was almost going to have his 'only-well-functioning eye' not fuctioning anymore... Now he is great. His eye is ok and he recovered from the flu. I don't think the vet here are expensive as those in the US but I let u imagine how much I spent for him... probably a monthly salary that I did not have... oh... pet-love!
Ginger looks great!