Sunday, January 29, 2006

wut a happend wuz...

A big fat nothing. Yep, you read correctly. Upon my co-workers return, I told her what happened and she also had the extensive note the substitute left. She went to the principal's office for advice on how she should punish the class. He said, "you're not going to like this, but you shouldn't do anything." His reasoning? You can't punish the whole class for what a few students did because the opposite effect will happen and the entire class will mutiny. I have to admit that it did make sense, but it still stinks! I was told that if it ever happens again, that I should call security down. As for my class, they of course heard through the rumor mill that her class wasn't punished and they were upset. I had to tell them that it was none of their concern but I certainly felt their pain.

ps--I'm applying my ebonics language learning in the title:)

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh - that stinks! The principal should have at least come and talked to the class - students do have influence over each other! And if the class knew that they could get into trouble they might have more incentive to stop their classmates from acting up next time! I just hope that they never have a sub again!! But call security - that could be fun!!

Kelli said...

yeah...SECURITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love that your branching out to more diverse languages :)