Wednesday, January 18, 2006

horrible day

I almost quit today. My first period class was horrible. I hate American teenagers! They were loud, obnoxious, rude and disrespectful, refused to do any work, and I got called my normal "boring" but with an added, "you're stupid". Okay, punk, when you graduate from college and have lived on 3 continents, then you can call me stupid! Once class was over, I went into a co-workers room and just lost it. I cried and cried. Not because of what was said to me but because of their disrespectful behavior. If you don't like my class, fine; you don't have to pay attention or act interested. But shut your mouth! Sit there and just be quiet. Don't make everyone else's life miserable because you think the world revolves around you. I hate my life right now. I have absolutely nothing to look forward to here. Sure, I have good things in my life, like the fact that today is my bro and sister-in-laws' due date, but those things are so far away. I work, come home, work some more, and sleep. It's miserable. But it's not like I even have the energy to change anything. Never ending cycle...

5 comments:

Angie-la said...

The important thing to remember is that even if some of the kids are completely awful, there are some kids who are learning to love a language because of you.

Take joy in little things. And cry when you need to. Love ya.

Kelli said...

I tried calling you but your phone was off....I'm thinking of you and I'll pray for you!

Margiana said...

Know you are not alone Annette! I feel the same way but we must hang on here and pray God that will show us the way soon... he's already showing it to us... probably we're a little 'slow' to understand what he's telling us but...he'll adjust everything and we'll soon find our ways. I don't know u yet, I read your blog and I sense u are a great teacher... and I tell u: good teachers make difference in life. Life is joy...we are blessed to be health and young...we have the power to change things and to look at this 'hard' world with different eyes... love is on our side. Lets smile for a better day! Luvies

Summer said...

oh, sketts... that is so awful. i wish you could do something to make yourself feel better... like lock them all in a classroom with a bunch of flesh-eating leeches. slooooooowww and painful. is that too harsh?? :o)

Karen said...

Summer - I like the way you think . . . but Skettie I hope the week went better. The worst thing that ever happened to me when I was teaching . . . was a student (who was arrested shortly afterwards for something unrelated) peed on the extra computers I had in my classroom. GROSS, DOUBLE GROSS, TRIPLE GROSS and that made me want to quit! BADLY! But, he got arrested b4 I quit - so I stayed and had the computers removed!