Monday, January 02, 2006

change

Sometimes I like change. Sometimes I don't. Right now is one of those times when I don't like change. I printed out a class roster for the 6 weeks starting on Wednesday (trying to be prepared) and I noticed some names I did not recognize. I looked through all my classes and not only do I have new students in each of them, but some of my favorites were taken out! This is a bit of a shock for me, especially after the guidance office let us know that there would be very minimal schedule changes mid-year. This is very frustrating me because I tend to be protective of people. I have had these students for a full semester and I know them; they are my kids. Now everything is getting all mixed up! I need to make a new seating chart but I have no idea where to put people because I don't know who knows who, who's a discipline issue, etc. Very frustrating! Ugh!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

i'm so sorry..I hate change too.

Karen said...

Well, maybe it will shake up your students too and then you will have about two days that are like the first day of school again??!! Hopefully!!

Angie-la said...

i have discovered what a nice old lady warned me about last summer: the joining together to complain about students and the school system in the teacher lounge.

i hope you aren't as bad as the teachers i've met.

as for the kids, sorry they switched em up on you, but you know that you'll figure out who's who pretty quickly and things will fall into a routine again. you will persevere!

i can do a cheer for you if you want. what do we want? good students! when do we want them? now!

love you.