Monday, August 21, 2006

school days...

I survived the first day back! Actually, my classes were pretty good. I'm really going to enjoy teaching all Spanish II this year. My classes are huge, but they seem well behaved, so far. We'll see how it goes as the year progresses.

The worst thing about today is that the A/C in my portable is not working. It was over 100 degrees today. This morning during 1st period, my A/C got the room down to 85 (still pretty toasty with 32 students in the room) but by 4th period, it was 91 degrees! My students were sweating and complaining, and I can't blame them. It was awful! We are trying to get the issue resolved with maintainance, but who knows when it will get fixed. I don't know what I'll do tomorrow...

The one good thing about it is that after 8 hours in a sauna, I won't need to go exercise! I'll lose all the weight I want to through sweating! Nice, I'm sure I am super appealing to be around right now...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure you take deodorant or perfume with you to school!

Unknown said...

Good perspective. Anything to get out of exercising!

Kelli said...

heck make sure you take deodorant for the kids! LOL

Kelli said...

check out my new hair cut!

Karen said...

Oh, yikes, Texas without air conditioning!! Phew! I really hope it was working for you today! Otherwise, ask to teach your class in hallway - that would be better than a hot portable!!