Sunday, August 20, 2006

"I cannot live without books."--Thomas Jefferson

Patricia tagged me with this list, and it's actually one that I was excited about doing:) I'm such a book worm...the librarians at the public library in my home town know my whole family by name...by the way, it's kind of scary how similar Patricia, Karin and I are in our reading choices!

1. A book that changed your life:
The Bible, still changing my life!
Abba's Child by Brennan Manning
Changes That Heal by Henry Cloud, this is totally cheesy but I read it at a very important time in my life and it really did change the way I view my life.

2. Books you’ve read more than once:
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, this is my favorite fiction book of all time. I don't even know how many times I have read it!

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
The Bible, can not live without it!!!

4. A book that made you laugh:
Anything by Donald Miller, he cracks me up!
The Princess Bride edited by William Goldman

5. A book that made you cry:
Bridge to Terabithia by Katherin Paterson and Donna Diamond, I was in the 7th grade when I read this book and it was the first time one affected me so emotionally.
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, this is one of my all time favorite books.

6. One book you wish had been written:
Yesh, I have no idea!

7. One book you wish had never been written:
Some of the boring text books I had to read for classes in college...
I also agree with the Josh Harris comment by Karin; his book just ticked me off!

8. Books you’re currently reading:
When Life and Beliefs Collide by Carolyn James (re-reading it)
Searching for God Knows What by Donald Miller
Persuasion by Jane Austen
The Color Purple by Alice Walker
These are all part of my "I'm going to read as much as I can because it's summer and I actually have time" list. I'm trying to finish these books up but with school starting tomorrow, I'm not sure that I will...

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
Just one!? So many books, so little time...Here's a short list.
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
Desiring God by John Piper
Stonewall Jackson by James Robertson, I can't find it anywhere here! I guess I'll have to order it online...
The Essential 55 by Ron Clark, did you guys see the movie on TNT? Really good! Almost makes me want to teach in inner city New York...almost. Then I remember that I kind of teach in an inner city school now and I come back to reality very quickly!
Lord of the Rings series by J.R.R. Tolkien

I know that several of my readers are also book lovers like me. So, what's your list look like?:)

3 comments:

Karen said...

books, I used to love those! The last book I checked out from the library was on a 14 loan and I had to return it before I finished it! boohoo. I read magazines, sometimes still!! I miss reading!

Anonymous said...

You reminded me of so many books I have yet to read.

velma96 said...

i've posted my list on my blog! thanks for sharing!! i love reading...just don't seem to have the time anymore!!