Saturday, August 19, 2006

beautiful day


Here is my beautiful friend Laurice. She is here in Texas for a 2 week training and I had the awesome privledge to spend the entire day with her today. I have known her for 7 years! We met in Maracaibo, Venezuela the first year I was there and have been friends ever since. She is just an amazing woman with a huge heart. We had a great day of shopping, eating at the Cheesecake Factory (yum!), and just talking. It is fabulous to hear Venezuelan Spanish again! The usual Spanish spoken here is of the Mexican variety and it just doesn't sing in my ears like Venezuelan Spanish.

Here are some of my fave things about Lau:
*Her smile! She can light up the room and make anyone feel welcome!
*She tries to see the good in everything.
*She has a desire to love those who others may deem as unloveable.
*Her artistic side! I have a fabulous painting that she made for me of Maracaibo hanging in my living room. When she saw it today, she said, "wow, I had forgotten about that!" It's one of my favorite gifts I've ever received.
*She is super intelligent!
*Her laugh.
*She was always willing to wake up super early to walk the 2+ miles to our fave bakery in Maracaibo for our discipleship times. Good times!

There are a million more, but those are the ones that instantly come to mind. !!!Te quiero muchisimo, Lolo!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet post, annette.

Kelli said...

so fun! I'm glad you got to hang with her while you were there. I need to call you! ;)