Monday, August 14, 2006

hello

Wow, I have been quite the absent blogger lately. I don't even have the excuse of nothing going on because I just came back from 9 days in the beautiful state of Virginia. It was so great being home again! I missed the mountains and green just as much as I thought I did. I took a drive one day, just going down some back roads to take it all in. I got to see my beautiful nephew, too! He is so cute! I tried to upload some pics but Blogger isn't letting me right now, so I will try later.

Life is crazy right now. School starts officially next week so this week is filled with teacher in-services and other various meetings. Plus, I have to get my classroom ready which is always a lot of work. I have huge classes this year, too, because we only have 4 teachers for level 2, as opposed to 6 last year. I am looking forward to the year starting, though.

A few fun things that have happened recently:
*My beautiful friend Dawn came to visit her brother and sister-in-law who happen to live in Dallas so I got to see her too! It was much too short, but so sweet to spend the little bit of time we did together.
*Another beautiful friend, Lau, is in town from Venezuela for training for her job! I have not seen her in 3 years so I am so excited to be able to spend time with her this coming weekend!
*I was officially made head teacher of Spanish II. I know, this isn't too exciting for most of you, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.
*My school district just voted for a nice pay raise for teachers! Yay!

That's all for now, but I will try to get those photos posted ASAP:)

5 comments:

Summer said...

yay!! i hope this year doesn't burn you out like last year... here's hoping to a GREAT start!!

Margiana said...

wow.... happy to hear from you too.... hey Annette, do you know where we booked for the honeymoon?... Athens and Santorini:-) yuppie... I'll think of you and send you lots of postcards...
Happy to know you are doing good!

Kelli said...

congrats on your pay raise...WOO WOO!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear about your first day :)

Karen said...

I love the day before school starts, when your room is ready, everything is neat and just where you want it. The halls are quiet - no lockers slamming shut . . . oh, and new school supplies, I love that smell of new plastic pens. And then the year starts and the new classroom magic turns into classroom chaos!! But honestly, I love that too!! (But I am not teaching now, so it all looks good from here!) I can't wait to hear how it goes!! :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go, head Spanish 2 teacher who's getting paid more!