Thursday, November 17, 2005

it's electric!

Static electricity is something I almost forgot about. Living in a super humid climate for the last 3 years has helped me to forget the blue sparks. I hate getting shocked. It ranks right up there with packing to move overseas and eating cow intestine soup. Texas does not have a lot of humidity during the fall and winter. I was watching the weather channel and the level of humidity today is 23%...I didn't think it could get down that low unless you are in the desert!

I'm remembering why I use conditioner now. My hair is scary crazy sometimes with all this static. Plus, my clothes are sticking to everything, including my new couch. Granted, the static sound is kind of cool, but not the feeling you get when you come in contact with a metal object. I've gotten so badly shocked that I temporarily went numb in my left arm.

A couple of funny occurances, though. Simba came up to me earlier to be petted. I touched his nose and could tell I shocked him as the electricity left me and went into him. He jumped slightly, not sure what had just happened and kind of looked around, starteld. Later on, I was sitting on the couch and Ginger decided she wanted to share the space. She jumped up and when I went to pet her, I shocked her. She looked at me with a surprised look as if I had betrayed her. It didn't stop her from hogging half the couch, though.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, I hate static - my brother used to scoot his feet on the carpet over and over, so that he could shock me!! But I do love seeing static at night - b/c it looks like a little lightning show!

Angie-la said...

so i updated my blog and as a result you should remove me from your blogs that need to be updated list you dorkface.

Kelli said...

have you had cow intestine soup?