Tuesday, November 15, 2005

get in shape, girl!

I finally broke down and joined a gym this past Saturday. It's about time, too. I haven't done anything fitness wise since I moved to Texas. I went to the gym on Sunday and again this evening and it feels so good! I'm taking it very slowly so I don't get so sore that I want to never work out again.

The one good thing about the hours of my job is that I can leave at 3pm if I don't have a meeting or tutorials. That means I can get to the gym and work out before the crazy crowd gets there after 5pm. I have free reign of any machine and because I'm one of the youngest people there at that time, I'm not self conscious about how my pasty white legs look in my black Nike shorts.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

do you work out at the Y???? I'm the youngest at my gym too...what is up with that?

Karen said...

I go to the Y!! And there is a senior class there on Mondays - then i am the youngest one!! And I like pasty white legs - since mine look that way too!!

Angie-la said...

i am definitely not joining a gym anytime soon. but i DO have calves of steel now from french staircases so who needs it?

and why would you be ashamed of pasty white legs? choose your words carefully, considering who you're talking to.

oh and a friend counted the freckles on one of my forearms. 112. Hot!