Friday, December 17, 2004

Orlando drivers

One of my friends made a really good point today. She said, "You have to think 5 seconds ahead of all the other drivers here. 'What's this guy doing? Where's that woman turning?' I could be a professional racecar driver with all the swerving I've learned how to do!" I thought that was funny and also accurate. I won't go on a rave about how awful the drivers are here in Orlando. Sure, they run redlights while cops are sitting right there (and the cops do nothing about it), they run you off the road instead of letting you in, etc. The reason I won't rant and rave is that I have noticed that I am becoming more and more like them. I run my fair share of red lights, but in my defense, if I didn't run them, the person behind me would slam into my rear.

I like to use the fact that I still have a Virginia license plate on my car to justify my bad driving. It makes it look like I'm a tourist with no idea where I'm going. I think people are more sympathetic to that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah but they still probably shake their fist at you mutter obsceneties about foolish tourists.

your making the innocent tourists look bad. on the other hand i think my driving has improved since moving out here. or atleast slowed down a tad. course with my florida license plates i could be a horrible driver and no one would have to know im really a California driver. ;)

i can hear people muttering about horrible florida drivers already. yesss my plan is working muahahahaha.