Thursday, December 16, 2004

brrrrrrr!

It was 50 degrees when I drove into work this morning. The other day had a wind chill of 22. I'm pretty sure that the Native Floridians had to get out the dictionary to look up the words "wind chill"! When I was in Minneapolis, I expected the cold. It was refreshing, I felt alive! Here, on the other hand, it is completely out of context.

Florida apartment buildings are not insulated well, so I freeze at night. Even my cats are cold! They snuggle up next to me at night; they have never done that before.

Speaking of my cats, I have decided that I'm going to train them to like to cuddle. I'll scoop up Simba and cradle him in my arms, showing him who's boss but also giving him lots of loving affirmation. "What a good kitty you are!" He just kind of looks at me like, "Are you almost finished? I have another appointment to get to." Ginger, on the other hand, is another story. First I have to chase her around. It reminds me of a greased pig chase because she is so fat. When I finally catch her, I cuddle her in my arms and she looks at me with her wide green eyes as if to say, "please, please, please put me down! I hate this!" She may hate it now, but she's going to love it sooner or later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha yeah you tell her whos boss!!! btw im pretty sure cats dont have 'owners' they just happen to cohabitate with humans sometimes. with that said i still say you should put the cats on a diet. hmmm actually i think I need to go on a diet myself. oh well.

-Jon