Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sunday, Sunday

Here's the 411 on me at the moment:

*I started seminary 2 weeks ago which means that I have no free time. I study ALL the time! But it's so worth it! My classes are amazing and I know the Lord is going to teach me a ton this semester and over the next 3 years. I'm meeting cool people and having a great time. One of the best things is that I have a class with my mentor from church; she is one of my fave people in the world and I love being around her so much. We make each other laugh one minute then discuss deep issues like women's role in ministry or having a repentant and humble heart when surrounded by proud and condescending people. Also, I have Bible Study Methods with Dr. Howard Hendricks! The man literally wrote the book on how to study the Bible! He's in his 80's but still kickin'! I love him and love learning from him! What a neat blessing to be able to take his class.

*I also started a new job a couple of weeks ago at Starbucks. It's been really fun so far:) I've definitely got a ways to go to become as proficient as my co-workers but I'm getting the hang of it. I like the customer interactions and my co-workers are awesome. I'm not making much but I qualify for benefits soon and I love the free coffee!

*I moved into a new apartment and have a roommate for the first time in 3 years. The new place is actually in the same complex as before, just a couple of buildings down. My roommate is awesome! I love her! We met at church last year and when she emailed me to ask if I knew of anyone who needed a roommate I quickly replied that I did! We are similar in a lot of ways and have had a great time so far. Plus, she loves Simba so she's A-OK in my book:)

That's about it. My life consists of work and study, study and work. I haven't done anything fun in a while but that's okay because I'm broke! I have a rainy day fund that I'm putting a little into each week so I can save up to do something fun over a break.

No comments: