Sunday, September 07, 2008

It's Raining Men!

Married ones, that is.

When I started seminary I knew that it was going to be majority men. And I knew that most of them would be married. What kills me is the way they act towards single women. It's like we have the plague or something, like we are some temptress waiting to devour them.

In my classes I have been trying to strike up conversations with people who sit near me just to be friendly. When it's a married man, they instantly stiffen and look very uncomfortable. They speak quickly and divert their eyes downward, like they can't wait for the conversation to be over. Those of you that know me well know that I am learning disabled when it comes to flirting, so it's not like my attempts could be misinterpreted as anything other than a friendly gesture. I just don't get it.

I spoke with a single guy from church who is also taking classes at the seminary and he said he gets the same reaction from married women. What the heck!

It's a good thing I have so much studying to do so that I don't have time to worry about it...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Trust me.....I understand :)

Jenny Chisholm said...

that is funny and sad at the same time. i hope it has changed for you by now!!