Tuesday, June 27, 2006

trick mirrors

Whenever I go to try on clothes at stores like Ann Taylor, the mirrors are set at an angle so that you look thinner than you are. Good trick, since it will make you more likely to buy the clothes.

I've been working out like crazy recently, going to the gym almost everyday. I've also been eating right and trying to be healthier with my choices. I have lost some weight, definitely, and that makes me feel good because it's working.

When I'm at the gym, I use free weights for part of my routine. I like to stand in front of the mirror to make sure my form is correct. One thing I've noticed is that I look so slim in those mirrors. I think, "hey, good lookin'!" Okay, not really, but I'm impressed with what I see. But when I get home and look in my bathroom mirror, it's a different story. I'm not quite so impressed.

Okay, who messed with the bathroom mirror?! Because the gym mirror obviously has to be the truest one, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Ann Taylor Loft stores definitely have the skinny mirrors. I was there the other day and totally noticed it!

Kelli said...

I love trick mirrors..oooh you could market them and women would totally buy them...Just call it "the fairest of them all" mirrors :)

Unknown said...

Sorry to revive your nearly year old post, but I just had to chime in. To confirm my suspicions, I searched Google using ann taylor loft and "skinny mirrors" as my criteria and wound up here. They DO have skinny mirrors. And their clothing sizes are off, too. I bought two dresses in a size four. I am NOT a size four, I assure you.