Sunday, June 18, 2006

happy father's day?

I was in church this morning and the pastor started out by saying, "It's a very special day today." I thought, "huh?" and racked my brain trying to figure out what the date was.

He continues: "The US Open is being played today."

Oh, I get it, he's making a joke.

"And the Mavs play tonight."

Again, adding to the sports banter he likes to add to some of his sermons.

Then, the shocker: "And it's Father's Day!"

Oops! Did he just say Father's Day?! I'm thinking to myself. Please realize, it's easy for me to forget holidays that involve fathers but I felt like such a dope for some reason. So, in light of it being a holiday dedicated to those Dads in our lives...

Happy Father's Day, God!!!:-)
Props to Abba for sending Jesus to save me:) I love you!!!

3 comments:

Summer said...

this really touched me... usually i spend the day bitter and resentful, but your message actually made me CRY. i so often forget that i DO have a good Father, a loving Father, one who i can be secure in knowing just how much HE loves me and cares for me.

Karen said...

You got me too, thanks for reminding me. I just left a half-hearted message for my dad on his answering machine, and had a sigh of relief when he didn't answer... blah. I AM GLAD THAT GOD is my FATHER too! Thanks Skettie

Angie-la said...

The thing about the Masters of Teaching is that the Hollins program is pretty good and well-known, and it isn't nearly as expensive as undergraduate study. When I told Mom the cost she said she could help me do it... and at Hollins, all the teaching classes are at night so I can work during the day. Today I'm just going to talk to the head of the department about it, see if it's right for me. I haven't ruled out other programs, I'm just looking at the Hollins one first.