Friday, June 30, 2006

food for thought

"Each of us is running the race God has marked out for her. This race is not determined by the good or evil actions of others, no matter who they are or how much power they hold over us. Neither do we run wherever we please. God has planned our race, and he is carrying out his plan--a plan that guarantees our good and his glory. Nothing--not principalities or powers, not the devil himself, not even we--can throw God off his plan or prevent him from accomplishing his good purposes for us. We run a planned race...

...[If] God is sovereign, then plan B is a myth. No matter how dark things look to us, or how big the mess we're in, we're in plan A. God's plan for us is intact, proceeding exactly as he intended, neither behind nor ahead but right on schedule. Nothing--not our sins, failures, disappointments, bad decisions, nor the sins of others against us--can deter a sovereign God from accomplishing his purposes."

from When Life and Beliefs Collide by Carolyn Custis James

2 comments:

Angie-la said...

I have the opportunity for a free camping trip by the pacific ocean soon, and I think I'm going to take it. But as a result, I'll be gone for like three days of your visit. I can't imagine you and I would have much fun together anyway, seeing as I'll be at school most of the time, a place you will probably refuse to come to. But I thought I should warn you.

Unknown said...

Powerful quote. I love Carolyn James!

Have you read her other book, "Lost Women of the Bible"? I recommend it!