Friday, June 16, 2006

ruined

I hate the fact that I don't have a light over my washing machine. The closet where the washer and dryer are located is very dark.

I am doing laundry today and washed a load of darks. After I cleared out the washer, I started running hot water and poured in some bleach; time to do the whites. As the washer starts to fill up and I'm sorting through the clothes I want to throw in, I notice that there is something dark rising in the water. I grabbed it and burned myself because the water is so hot. But the burn was nothing compared to the pit in my stomach when I realized which article of clothing it was...a t-shirt that I bought from the Universidad de Sevilla when I was there on a summer mission trip in college. Sure, it's an old shirt, but it is my favorite t-shirt ever! This is an amazing piece of clothing. It has barely faded in the 9 years I've owned it, and there are no holes. It has retained it's shape and is super soft and comfy. I don't wear it out really, just to lounge around the house. But it holds so many memories! I rinsed it out in the tub hoping to undo some of the damage. Now I have a navy t-shirt with orangish spots all over it. Ugh!

Any suggestions? Do you think if I dye it navy it will work?

5 comments:

Margiana said...

I'm sorry for your t-shirt but I don't think the dye will work out good. I made the same thing with a black t-shirt, I dyed it black again but the colour was not the same all over... but try it... you don't have anything to lose now.:-)
btw... who cares about the colour? The memories are still there. Luvies

Angie-la said...

i got a bunch of paint on my favorite t-shirt, and it has a hole in it now, but i don't like it any less, i just stopped wearing it to work. but then a friend bought this shirt for me for my birthday that i told you about, "respect my peeps" with gangsta easter peeps on it. oh man, just thinking about it makes me excited.

annette said...

oh, angie!

Summer said...

ooohhh, poor annette... i hope it can be fixed! i hate when my favorite things get messed up; it makes me so sad.

Kelli said...

RIT DYE...that's all I now..but I don't know what it will do to the wording on the T????