Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I came out to my car this morning to find 2 flat tires. There was just enough air in them to get them to the gas station where I filled them up. When I got dressed this morning I picked out a new shirt I had just bought. It's flowery and very pretty. Of course this would be the day that I would end up having to fill my tires with air and get my hands all black from car crud. I knew that since the tires were flat that I should take my car in asap to get the tires checked out. The guy assured me that it wouldn't take too long since they weren't busy. Then, one of the mechanics gets a call from home and his car had just gotten stolen, so he had to leave to fill out a police report. That meant the wait time increased from "not too long" to "we're not too sure how long." One person really does make a difference. I'm sitting there waiting, watching the Tony Danza show (the guest was Sly Stalone who incidentally has his own magazine coming out), and the mechanic comes in with a frown and says, "there's a problem." Yikes! Not only are the 2 tires irrepairable, but because I had bad allignment, all 4 tires need to be replaced.

It's days like this that you wonder why you even got out of bed in the morning...

No comments: