Saturday, May 31, 2008

Minneapolis

This was my third trip up north and the only time I've experienced the land of 10,000 lakes when they weren't all frozen over! I had a fabulous time in Minnesota, complete with a trip to Duluth and Lake Superior.

I got to Minneapolis on Friday evening; Dawn and I headed to IHOP for dinner where her husband joined us (who can refuse pancakes?!).

Saturday, Dawn and I drove about 2 hours north to Duluth for a wedding. Before and after the event we hung out in Duluth, a really cute and touristy town on Lake Superior (which is HUGE, by the way!). It was freezing! The wind was blowing and the temp was around 55, I think. Crazy for the end of May!

Monday was my favorite day of the whole trip as we biked 45 miles around the city on these beautiful trails. Riding through all the blooming trees and flowers, I almost forgot that there's 6 months of winter each year. It was so nice to be somewhere that was still cool and refreshing (Dallas has been in the 90's for a few weeks already). We felt like Rock Stars after we finished! It made me want to get a road bike for Dallas, then I remembered how un-bike friendly it is here. Plus, it's a bazillion degrees in the summer! That evening we went to Culver's for dinner (yum-o!!!) and then went to see Prince Caspian (pretty good).


Tuesday before I hopped back on the plane back to DFW, we went to Maria's Cafe for cachapas and then I helped spackle their apartment. It was a fun packed weekend and much needed break!

I just love my friend, Dawn. She is an amazing, godly woman. It was so great to see her and hear her real voice as opposed to the cell phone version. We laugh a lot when we're together and I love how we complement each other so well; the things I'm stinky at she's really great at and vice versa. Plus, we both love Bon Jovi (that's what really binds our friendship).

3 comments:

Margiana said...

Sounds a great week end. It's lovely to meet friends and enjoy great time!

Summer said...

well, bon jovi is just the cement that will hold any friendship together! hee hee... glad you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Hi Annette, I'm glad you're doing well. It's nice to visit your blog. I know Dawn too, I think. Is it the Dawn that also used to do ministry in VZ? She would have been the one to introduce my summer project team to Mexico that summer we got rerouted due to the riots in Caracas. Haha, I hope this doesn't sound like a bunch of jibberish.