Thursday, May 01, 2008

hurry up and wait

I have started over on my miles to Blacksburg. I decided to add biking to the mix because I've been taking a lot of spinning classes. I'm also taking a few kickboxing classes but I don't really know how to add that in...I wonder how many punches and kicks equals a mile?

I am so exhausted and burned out. Only 4 and 1/2 more weeks of school but it feels like forever! We are currently in TAKS testing (thanks to "No Child Left Behind"). I feel like I'm losing brain cells as I watch the students test; it is so boring! We are not allowed to read or work on anything, even sudoku puzzles while they work because we have to "actively monitor". I have no idea how kids figure out how to cheat on these tests but they always seem to find a way which means we have to watch them like hawks. This was day 3 and I seriously had the head nod dozing thing going on. Just one more day and then I'll never have to do it again!:)

Still no word from seminary. I feel like I am doing a lot of waiting lately. I read somewhere that we spend a third of our lives waiting; after figuring in that we spend another third sleeping, that only leaves one third for actual living! Bummer.

I know this post is sounding pretty negative but I'm so exhausted! I'm to the point where I just want to cry I'm so tired. I laid down for a few minutes earlier to take a cat nap and woke up an hour and a half later!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Since I regularly do Billy Blanks, I would say a kickboxing class is equal to a 5K!? LOL I think that'd be reasonable...it kicks my butt at least...although unfortunately not literally. oh well. a little booty is good I guess.

the cultural thing looks fun. I want to go to India!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooo bad...but I doubt M would want to go there for our 10th anniversary. Somehow Bali seems close enough....LOL (doubt we'll go there, we'll be lucky to get to Va Beach)

Summer said...

ugh... i gaver up exercising a long time ago. i made it, like, 1.5 miles or something horrendous. hang in there... just a couple more weeks!!!!!! and i hope you hear from dts soon!