Saturday, January 13, 2007

for my fans...

All 3 of you!

Kelli requested that I add more so that the cat pee title does not appear on the screen when she logs onto my page. Plus, Karebear is an emotional pregnant woman and it's best not to upset her anymore. At least that's the line she's feeding me.

It's been a busy few weeks! Here's the rundown:

*Got the IKEA bookshelf put together (with some help!). I'll take a pic and post it soon. I haven't finished arranging everything yet.
*Have gone to the movies twice recently. Night at the Museum is super cute and funny, highly recommend. Rocky Balboa was surprisingly good, better than I expected. If you are a Rocky fan (Karen), you'll like the latest (and let's hope the last because Sly is looking a little rough) installment.
*School started back up this week. Monday was a teacher work day, lots of silly meetings. Tuesday the kiddos were back and I wish I had a dollar for each time I heard the phrase, "But Miss K, we just got back from vacation!" It's been hard to get back into the groove again. I'm hoping it will be better this coming week.
*Currently North Texas is going through an ice storm that started this morning and will continue until Monday morning. Thank goodness I have Monday off so I won't have to make that day up! I was supposed to go to San Antonio to see a friend but decided against it for fear of getting stuck there.
*Life is going well right now:)
*Caught the last few minutes of the UNC-VT game today. GO HOKIES!!! We beat #5Duke earlier this week and now we've beaten #1UNC. We are #1 in the ACC. It's about time our basketball team showed up!

Karebear, is this enough for now?

6 comments:

Karen said...

Thank you!! I feel much better now!! Now I am jealous b/c I have no life! (Aren't I moody!) BUT enjoy ice in Dallas! When I lived there - we used to have an old cafeteria tray and used it as a very fast ice sled! So when you go back to school - borrow a tray for the next ice storm! (Which of course you won't get until next year!!) Have a great week!

Karen said...

I had to come back - b/c I just realized that the basketball team won?! I heard about the Duke game but UNC? What is that? I remember when we won the NIT in '94 the campus went crazy! Do you remember that?

annette said...

unfortunately, my school doesn't use trays anymore; the kids get their food on styrofoam tray thingies (yeah, we are very earth conscious in texas!). too bad i never stole one from diequick, i mean dietrich

as for the basketball team, whoop whoop! we still aren't ranked but way to go Hokies!!! if they keep showing VT games out here, i will definitely become a b-ball watcher. the game was really good, even though i only saw the last few minutes and the commentators kept saying how they were surprised with how well the Hokies played. it was so awesome to see all the orange in the stands!

Kelli said...

Yeah Hokies Rock, I still can't believe I didn't see any traffic ;)

Guadeloupes was yummy...ha ha...the Hokie Birds look good, I look forward to being back in a month, yup I'll be in Blacksburg next month too, so ;p

thanks for the update :)

Summer said...

we were up by 20 against unc with 5 min left and then dwindled down... i was pacing the room, saying, "just a couple more minutes!" whew... we pulled it off!!! and have fun this semester... i can't wait to hear how other things are going!

Karen said...

So how was the ice?????