Saturday, December 02, 2006

service

One thing I have learned about myself is I love to do community service projects. My church has partnered with a church in South Dallas which is committed to seeing its community changed for eternity. I have done things on various Saturdays, from scraping paint off houses to raking up poison ivy, and I have loved it. Before it sounds like I'm tooting my own horn here and allowing you to believe that I'm this wonderful, altruistic person, I really don't do enough. This is such a small contribution and I have been convicted to do more.

Today some members of the single's ministry I'm involved in went around to the homes of some lovely elderly women to decorate for the holidays. It was such a joy to be able to provide lights and wreathes and goodie baskets! At one house in particular, the sweet lady almost started crying she was so touched.

I want to do more! I want to do as Jesus did and reach out to those in need. There are so many hurting people in this world who desperately need God's love and I just pray that I can be His instrument to give that love to others. I'm excited to see how God will use me for His glory!

2 comments:

Summer said...

i know exactly what you mean by this... we're the same!! :o)

Karen said...

Tag - YOUR IT! Check my BLOG!