Sunday, December 24, 2006

road trippin'

I am now in the beautiful Commonwealth of Virginia! I love it here; even in the winter it's breathtaking.

Yesterday I woke up at 5:20 (I had my alarm set for 6am but for some reason my body will not allow me to sleep past 5:30 anymore!), loaded up my car, made a Starbucks run (grande triple shot nonfat latte, yum!) and hit the road for 17.5 straight hours. I stopped every couple of hours for a quick break and 30 minutes for lunch, but pretty much drove the whole time. It was horrible! I never, ever want to make that drive by myself in one day again! I will say it is nice to wake up this morning in my mom's house instead of a hotel somewhere, but I am so exhausted. I pulled in at 2:30 Eastern time.

Why am I awake now? Who knows!? I'm completely exhausted but I can not sleep. I woke up even before my mom! So, as I wait for the orange rolls to bake I thought I'd give a quick update.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed Christmas! I love you guys!!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Skettie, I am so glad that you made it there safely!! Enjoy yourself!!

Summer said...

Merry Christmas (a little late)!!!