Wednesday, January 12, 2005

you think you know someone...

I got a call the other day from the woman who owned my cats previously. She wanted to know how they are doing. She asked, "So, what did you end up naming them?" I said, "I kept their names the same, Ginger and Simba." She laughed hysterically and said, "That's not their names!" I was so confused. I said, "Your roommate told me that their names were Simba and Ginger." We both laughed and she explained, "When I got them, their names were Cleo and Leo. I didn't like those names so I changed them to Gin and Juice."

I can see how you could get Ginger from Gin, but Simba from Juice?

I decided to do an experiment. Ginger was in the same room and I called out, "Cleo!" She looked right up at me and meowed as if to say, "yes?"

Kind of explains why they never respond when I call them...that, or they are just being normal cats...

No comments: