Monday, January 03, 2005

returns

I bought a little bed for my cats, thinking they would enjoy a soft pillow for the floor. This was especially for Ginger as she like to prop her head up on the legs of tables; I thought this would be a nice alternative. I brought the bed home and they wanted nothing to do with it. I eventually coaxed Ginger to at least sit in it, but she barely fit (she's a portly cat) and she did not like it very much. I left the bed on the floor in the hopes that they would warm up to it.

After a few days, I decided to take the bed back because they were not using it. I put it in a bag and headed back to the store. I approached the returns counter and the lady asked why I was returning it. I said, "My cats didn't like it." She asked, "Did they use it?" I answered, "one of them sat in it for a minute but that was it." She said, "It smells," and wrinkled her nose. I just kind of shook my head not knowing why it would smell. She then looked at the tag and asked, "do you know why it's wet?" I picked up the bed and saw that indeed, the bed was wet and had the inmistakable smell of cat pee. I was horrified! I apologized and left the counter with my cat bed in tow.

I got back home and decided to wash it. Maybe they peed on it because they didn't like it or something. So I cleaned it up and it smelled all nice. I put it on the floor hoping one of them would take to it. Neither cat touched it for a while. Then, Simba kind of smells at it and paws at the bottom. He gets in the bed and squats as if ready to relieve himself when I yell, "Stop! Get out of there!" He jumps out and goes to use his other litter box instead.

I've come to the conclusion that Simba is not the smartest cat out there...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA thats an awesome story!! i especially love that Ginger is a "portly cat". that cracked me up!

-Jon