Monday, August 02, 2004

St. Augustine

We went to St. Augustine this weekend. It was a fun trip. The day was hot but beautiful and the town is so quaint. I love the Spanish tiles and architecture. There are so many cheesy shops, though. I love the history, but the shops kind of ruin the feel of it. Plus, you have to pay to do just about everything. The day was great though and what made it so great was the people I was with:)

One of the most interesting parts of the trip was where we ate dinner. We went to the World Famous Oasis. I think they gave themselves that name, because the only things it was famous for was its bad service and terrible food. But my friend's got their salads for free after I complained for them. I hate bad customer service. The thing about places like that is that their main business is tourists, so they're not counting on much repeat business. They don't really care if their service is bad. So sad. It was memorable to say the least!

3 comments:

orangejack said...

We went there a year or so ago. Liked the city...and the fort is cool. We didn't eat at any World Famous place...just the Sunset Grill...and got a free t-shirt!

Unknown said...

Cheesy shops? Puh-lease. Where else can you go to find a fudge shop and lemonade stand every 3 1/2 feet?

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it wasn't nearly as cheesy as Gatlinburg... surely the chapels every few feet count for more cheesyness than the shops :-)

I never complain about my food. When something is wrong with it, unless it is super gross, I usually just deal with it, so Josh always has to complain for me. He doesn't mind doing it, so it works well for us :-)

Love,
Angie