Friday, August 03, 2007

"And I never learned how to read!"

I am addicted to the library. I know that of all the things to be addicted to, this is probably one of the safest. This and drinking water, or eating spinach.

One of the reasons I've been going so much is that summer is winding down and I'm feeling the pressure to read as much leisure material as possible before school starts back up. Once school is on, everything, including fun reading (oh, and my social life) go out the window.

Another reason is that the Dallas public library system has an amazing selection of dvds. It's like Blockbuster, except free! I'm almost finished with season 1 of the Gilmore Girls. I am disappointed that the first season of Growing Pains is missing from the shelves, though. And speaking of great shows from my youth, when the heck are the Wonder Years dvds going to come out??? Check out my Facebook page for reviews of movies I've recently watched.

Confession: when I was little, I used to love summer because that meant I could sign up for the summer reading program at the library. If I read the required amount of books, that meant some fabulous prizes like a Pizza Hut personal pan pizza, a card stock book mark, and a sticker with a weird cartoon leopard saying, "Get spotted reading a good book!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i always knew we were kindred spirits.

Kelli said...

they still do book it, munchkin gets them when I read him 10 books :) isn't that funny?

hopefully Orlando is handling the news okay. LOL

annette said...

they still do book it??? is there an age limit? 10 books is a lot to read in grown up books but it would be so worth it to get a free pizza from the deal!