Saturday, June 30, 2007

penny stretching

Making a budget is one thing. Sticking to it is something else entirely! Now that I have a car payment to worry about, not to mention the fact that my car insurance went up and the rent on my new place is higher than what I pay now, I am having to be very careful with the ol' paycheck. I've decided to think of it as a game, something that I have to beat. My goal is to have some left over at the end of the month; I will put half toward debt and the other half in savings. Exciting, I know.

I have an idea for making a little extra cash. I'm going to hang up some flyers at church for tutoring. Even if I just have one student per week, that will come out to almost $150/month. It would be cool to be able to tutor full time instead of teaching. The only problem would be lots of evening hours. Plus I would definitely miss the interactions I have with my students.

Moms, any ideas for making those pennies go further???

1 comment:

velma96 said...

I know how you feel, completely!! Jim and I have worked hard during our year and a half of marriage to stick to a budget in order to pay off debt and save!! So far, it has worked!! We've paid off my car, a bunch of credit card debt, and a few other things!!! :) I'm encouraging you to stick to it!! The rewards for your hard work are well worth it!! :)